COMPETITIVE TEAM PROGRAM
The NGC Competitive Programs operate following the guidelines set forth by USA Gymnastics, the national governing body of the sport of gymnastics in the United States. Our teams and training groups offer a variety of options for girls at various levels.
Girls Competitive Teams & Team Training Groups
The Mini Might’s team trains drills in preparation for gymnastics skills, basics, strength, and flexibility. The objective is to familiarize them with the four Olympic events (vault, bars, beam, & floor), as well as to start training proper technique on the gymnastics basics.
Their season runs year round. They practice two times a week, for 1.5 hours each day
The Elites train drills and basic skills, strength, and flexibility that is required for continued success in the sport. Their season runs year round. Summer months are critical for these athletes; it’s often the point in the season where an athlete makes the most progress, especially noticeable in strength and skill development. Summers cannot be “taken off” if a gymnast plans to return to the team in the fall
The Training Team trains gymnastics drills in preparation for intermediate gymnastics skills. It is the final developmental stage of our competitive program. Their objective is to increase their skill level on the four events in hopes that they will be able to progress out of the developmental program into the competitive program, beginning with USAG compulsory level 3 or 4.
JUNIOR OLYMPIC PROGRAM
Compulsory Program (Levels 3-5)
- Compulsory gymnasts train more advanced drills and skills along with training the compulsory level exercises. They learn and compete the compulsory routines under USA Gymnastics guidelines. The objective for the compulsory gymnast is to successfully pass out of these beginner competitive levels with a good grasp of competitive gymnastics, along with a strong, technically sound, base repertoire of gymnastics skills.
Their season runs year round, practicing three days per week for approximately 3-4 hours each day.
Optional Program (Levels 6-10)
- The Optional gymnast continues to train strength and flexibility to help acquire the higher level, more demanding gymnastics skills. They will have the opportunity to express their own creativity of skills or combination of skills along with the help of their coaches. Their objective, along with training to increase their portfolio of gymnastics skills and combinations, is to compete more advanced routines in preparation for USA Gymnastics State, Regional, and National meets or high school gymnastics competition.
Their season runs year round, practicing 4-5 days per week for approximately 4-5 hours each day.
LITTLE GIANTS PROGRAM
- Supplemental, invitation only, program intended to accelerate the training of selected athletes, ages 6-10 who are at or above the Elite or Training Team skill level. Standards are based on requirements set forth by USA Gymnastics at each age level.
For More information visit: https://gymnasticshq.com/gymnastics-xcel-levels/
(Alternative to the J.O. program and also governed by USA Gymnastics)
- Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond Divisions
- The Xcel program is designed to offer a broad-based, affordable competitive experience outside the traditional Jr. Olympic Program to attract and retain a diverse group of athletes.
"Great things never came from comfort zones."
DREAM. BELIEVE. ACHIEVE.